We manage personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles. This policy applies to information collected by Assured Personnel Placement Services Pty Ltd (“APPS”).
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it.
2. Information Flow
When we collect your personal information:
- we check that it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities as an employment agency
- we check that it is current, complete and accurate. This will sometimes mean that we have to cross check the information that we collect from you with third parties;
- we record and hold your information in our Information Record System. Some information may be disclosed to overseas recipients we retrieve your information when we need to use or disclose it for our functions and activities. At that time, we check that it is current, complete, accurate and relevant. This will sometimes mean that we have to cross check the information that we collect from you with third parties - especially if some time has passed since we last checked.
3. Kinds of information that we collect and hold
Personal information that we collect and hold is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our functions and activities as an employment agency and is likely to differ depending on whether you are:
- Driver’s licence number and relevant information about your driving
- Tax file number
- Medicare card
- Bank account
- Referrals from employment agencies
- Referrals from previous
- Birth certificate